- Pray God’s protection and provision for the Director and his team in this Buddhist nation and for new opportunities to share Derek’s teaching following the coronavirus crisis.
- More than 70 percent of coronavirus cases here were related to Christians, and four infected missionaries are being sued by the Government. Please pray for them and for the Lord to intervene and resolve this situation.
- There is still much fear among people about the future regarding the coronavirus crisis. Due to anti-conversion laws here, caution is required, but more opportunities have opened. Pray that Directors Elsie and Danny will have godly wisdom in these circumstances to reach out with the Gospel and Derek’s teaching. (They thank God they were still able to move their office into new facilities during this time.).
July 28—Sri Lanka
- Many pastors and their congregations have suffered greatly from the pandemic due to the declining economy and several million daily wage earners out of work. Pray for God’s provision, wisdom, and guidance for DPM coordinators, Sam and Olivia, as they help with ongoing spiritual needs and share Derek’s material.
- Pray for the funds to print 20 Portuguese titles for Angola and Mozambique, including the Self-Study Bible Course
- Pray for funds for travel and supplies for a co-worker to go to the Angola/Zambia border to give the books to pastors who will then distribute them to their network of pastors.
- DPM contact, Stephen, local director of Operation Mobilization, reports that many people here have no food. Those who left for South Africa could not find work. Now borders are closed, they can’t get home and they have no money to send to their families. Stephen and his team are working with local chiefs and social workers to raise funds for a feeding program. Pray for this outreach to open doors closed to the gospel and for Stephen who continues to plant small village churches and disciple people with Derek’s teaching.
July 31—South Africa
- Nickson Sibanda directs Elev8 TV’s new KairosTV channel that recently launched and is getting amazing response. Nickson is highly experienced in TV, radio and social media and loves Derek’s teaching, which he will be broadcasting! DVDs will be loaded onto a hard drive and sent to him by courier. Pray for Nickson’s ministry and for the millions across Africa who receive these broadcasts to be impacted by Derek’s messages!
- Due to our lockdown, we have focused on increasing our social media platform and letting people know how to access free material through YouTube messages, e-books and MP3 CDs. Many are thrilled to be able to get the broadcasts and devotionals.
- Hope Ramaphosa, a long-time ministry friend, has a Bible school and teaches leaders in seminars and also young people. She has an amazing testimony regarding Derek’s teaching. This is a brief highlight of what she told Isabel, DPM–South Africa Director: “I heard “Final Judgment” by Derek Prince. That message shook my life and I recommitted myself to following Christ. That led to the establishing of Seed of Hope Ministry on radio and a youth ministry at schools with the support of the local Dept. of Education. I can write a whole book on the impact of Derek on my life. Yes, I am writing a book, and Derek Prince will stand out as my inspiration and mentor.”
Continue to pray for the staff of all DPM offices worldwide to walk in God’s provision, protection, wisdom and good health and to accomplish all God’s plans for the remainder of this year.