Prayer Focus 18/04/2021 - 24/04/2021
- Pray for God’s wisdom, and provision for directors Marek and Agnieszka and their co-workers so they can be mighty tools in God’s hands to reach many people.
- Pray for Christian leaders in Poland to accept Derek’s teaching and eagerly use it.
- Pray for new skilled co-workers for all current book projects and for the needed funds to successfully complete them.
- Pastor Stemmet is waiting for an opportunity for more outreach in various African countries. He especially wants to return to visit pastors in Zimbabwe and Zambia, Pray for the right time and the funds needed to make these long trips.
- The Shona translation is in progress on What's So Important About The Cross? Pray for our translator, Martinos, to have God’s anointing and strength.
- Pray for the right people in all 10 provinces to help with this book’s distribution and that it would be widely accepted and build the faith of many.
- Two former prisoners in Kenya (East Africa) who received a presidential pardon have requested to volunteer with our prison outreach. They were recipients of Bibles and Derek’s books last year. Pray for discernment in them joining us and, if so, that God will use them mightily to witness to inmates and tell what God has done in their lives.
April 21—East Africa
- Pray for a breakthrough in getting DPM officially registered in Tanzania and also in Uganda where we are working on registration amendments.
- Pray that God will bring the pandemic to a halt so our team can be more effective in reaching nations in East Africa, such as Burundi and Congo whose borders have closed again.
- Pray for the Lord’s wisdom and favour as we continue to distribute material and minister to the people in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
April 22—Southern Africa
- Pray for the successful editing and printing of four new Afrikaans books, including Blessing or Curse: You Can Choose and The Power of Proclamation.
- Pray for many more people to access Derek’s teaching through radio, TV, our app, website, YouTube, and social media platforms.
- As Hope and her team prepare for the Seeds of Hope online Video Bible School using Derek’s material, pray for wisdom and for many students to be impacted.
- Pray we can reach more pastors in Angola and Zambia with Derek’s teaching using digital and social media. We believe this is the most efficient and economical way.
- We are planning to print the Portuguese Self-Study Bible Course and send copies to pastors in Angola through ministry workers we know who will travel there.
- Ricky van der Walt who went to be with the Lord last December was so highly thought of for serving pastors and leaders in NW Zambia near the Congo border, but he also reached leaders in neighbouring countries with Derek’s material. A pastor who organized Ricky’s outreach trips wrote a letter to Ricky’s wife that was such a testimony to his life and ministry. Here are some excerpts from his moving letter.
Greetings with much sorrow and tears from your spiritual sons and daughters in Zambia. Ricky was a good father who was taking care of us, strengthening us and equipping us. As I received the message [of his death], I spread it to all our brothers and sisters within Zambia, Angola, Burundi, Rwanda, Namibia, Congo, Mozambique, Botswana, and Tanzania. The calls we are receiving is that all people have felt this by crying and remembering the work of God that Rev. Ricky was doing to bring multitudes of lost souls to Christ and equip the church leaders.
The Full Gospel Assemblies of God Fellowship Churches in Zambia have declared three days to mourn our spiritual father Rev. Ricky. Bishop Dido of the Full Gospel Assemblies of God in Angola says he has told the provincial overseers and district pastors to mourn in their areas. Every church will be mourning. May the Holy Spirit comfort you. We are together in spirit and praying for you. . .
—Your spiritual son and daughter,
Rev. Antonio and Edith Kakoma
April 24—United States/Hispanic Outreach
Our Spanish website traffic and Facebook followers are steadily growing. Pray for God to bring many more Spanish-speaking brothers and sisters to the website and social media and that they will be encouraged and equipped with Derek's teachings.